4 frozen buttermilk biscuits
1 1/2 c. chicken stock
1 c. whole milk
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
1 chopped small onion
1 c. Matchstick Carrots
3 tbsp. butter
2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
1 c. frozen cut green beans
2 tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Biscuits, for serving
1) Prepare 4 frozen buttermilk biscuits according to package directions.
2) Meanwhile, in a large mason jar, shake together chicken stock, whole milk, flour, and poultry seasoning.
Cook onion and carrots in butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
Slowly whisk in milk mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, until thickened, 6 to 8 minutes.
3) Stir in shredded rotisserie chicken, green beans, and flat-leaf parsley and cook until warm, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with kosher salt and black pepper. Serve topped with biscuits.
SEE NOTES BELOW
2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
4 tsp. packed brown sugar
1 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
Freshly ground black pepper
1 lb. flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 c. low-sodium soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. freshly minced ginger
1 Onion, chopped
Cooked white rice, for serving
1) Make sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk the soy sauce with the vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch. Set aside.
2) In a large skillet over high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add flank steak, season with salt, and cook
until cooked through and seared on all sides, about 8 minutes. Remove steak to a plate.
3) Add 1 tablespoon remaining oil and red and green bell peppers to the skillet. Cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
Add the garlic and ginger and cook stirring until fragrant. Return the beef to the skillet and pour over prepared sauce.
Cook, stirring, until the sauce is glossy about 2 minutes more.
4) Serve with rice.
- Would be good to add mushrooms and onions