Recipe From: Megan (Jackson) Freshour, Barbara Bakes
- 2 Cups Oreo Cookies w/Cream Center Removed, Finely Ground (2 Sleeves)
- ¼ Cup Butter, Melted
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 4 8-oz Packages Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 1 2/3 Cups Sugar
- 3 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 ½ Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Frozen Strawberries, Thawed
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cornstarch
- Red Food Coloring, Optional
- 1 Pint Fresh Small Strawberries, Washed & Hulled
- Mix together the crust ingredients and press into 9” springform pan. You can press the crust just into the bottom, or up the sides of the pan too – baker’s choice. Set crust aside.
- Position oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 325°F. Put a tea kettle or large pot of water on the stove to boil for the water bath.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, flour, and salt until smooth. If using a mixer, mix on low speed.
- Add the whole eggs and the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well (but still at low speed) after each addition. Beat in the vanilla and sour cream. Pour the batter into the springform pan on top of crust.
- Place the springform pan in a larger roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with the boiling water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake until the cheesecake is firm and slightly golden on top, 70 to 80 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the water bath and cool to room temperature. Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate until very cold, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Puree frozen strawberries in a small food processor or with an immersion blender. Press blended strawberries trough a fine mesh strainer into a small saucepan. Add water.
- In a small bowl mix together sugar and cornstarch. Stir into the puree. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring until thickened and clear. Add food coloring if desired. Cool to room temperature.
- Arrange strawberries in a single layer around the cooled cheesecake. Drizzle cooled glaze evenly over strawberries on cheesecake. Store, covered, in refrigerator.