Prep time:10 minutes
Cook time:20 minutes
- 1 Tbsp Olive or Vegetable Oil
- 1 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves, Cut Into 1-Inch Pieces
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Finely Chopped
- 2 Tsp Dried Oregano Leaves
- 2 Tsp Dried Basil Leaves
- 28oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cups (Heavy) Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Red Pepper
- 2 1/2 Cups Rigatoni Pasta (8 Ounces)
- 1 8oz Can Sliced Mushrooms, Well Drained or Fresh Mushrooms
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 1 Package (16 Ounces) Frozen Broccoli, Thawed and Well Drained or Fresh Broccoli
- Heat over medium-high heat chicken, garlic, basil, and oregano in oil about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Stir in tomatoes, whipping cream, salt, pepper, and red pepper. Add fresh broccoli and mushrooms if not using frozen broccoli and canned mushrooms.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cook rigatoni as directed on package and drain. Stir rigatoni and vegetables into chicken mixture. Cook until hot. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.